Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 things continued...

6. I don't know if I'm bionic yet, but do know that I've had a lot of surgeries. Here goes:
1992 - ankle surgery. Blew it out two years earlier sliding into third base. Finished the season. Crappy doctor told me it was just a sprain.
1996 - gallbladder removal. Not delightful. Laid in the basement for a week watching the summer Olympics. This caused me to hate Kerri Strug with a passion. Her voice could peel paint.
1999 - sinus surgery. This is when I found out I was allergic to hydrocodone and that's why I was violently ill during the first two surgeries. Try throwing up with staples in your stomach. Not good.
2001 - neck surgery. Numerous falls, car wrecks, softball and bad genetics gave me a titanium plate and four screws. Definitely bionic from this one.
2003 - knee surgery. Dislocated my knee cap playing softball in St. Maries. Shouldn't play ball on fields that are built over old landfills.
2006 - sinus surgery #2. Fixing what the other doctor missed the first time. I actually had a staph infection in my sinuses when I went in. They also gave me an injected antibiotic before I went under that makes you feel like they dumped itching powder on your asshole. They call it the "Itchy Butt Medicine". Worst feeling EVER.

7. I couldn't be prouder to be the daughter and granddaughter of a fire captain and fire chief, respectively. Having a parent that could be killed in the line of duty does that to you. I was really proud the day my dad came home and announced that he'd saved a gerbil from a fire. *sniff*

8. I used to work nights/weekends at a tanning salon as a receptionist. I once found a used tampon behind one of the beds. Who does that? I also had a crispy, leathery old guy open the door and talk to me in his tighty-whiteys. Eww.

9. I love the ocean. I love the smell of it and the little creatures. Just like being around animals, I'm much calmer when I'm by the ocean.

10. Being a stepparent is the hardest thing I've ever done. And I love it.

No comments: