Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 things about me... the beginning...

I had a friend that posted a Facebook note where you're supposed to put down 25 little known facts about yourself. Thought I'd give it a try, figuring I'll either be able to think of 3 things or 153. We'll see. Here we go...

1. I'm deathly afraid of whitewater. Conveniently (!) I discovered this as my parents were putting me in a canoe to take a 50 mile trip down Dworshak Reservoir. The first day consisted of going through three sets of rapids. Relatively small rapids in the world of rapids, but frothy whitewater all the same. This whole trip was quite an adventure, but maybe that's a story for a later blog. I can't even listen to people tell stories about rafting and whitewater because I stop breathing.

2. I'm a better person when I'm around animals. I'm quite aware of this fact - I can feel myself become calmer, and I'm sure that I am more pleasant to be around. And I love everything about them. Especially puppy butts. Some people have biological clocks that tick for babies... mine ticks for puppies.

3. When I was little I used to wear bobby pins hidden in my hair in case I was ever kidnapped. I learned how to pick locks with them so that I could rescue myself from handcuffs. Really. Saw it in a movie.

4. My favorite sport is softball. This is not a newsflash to anyone that knows me. The main reason I love it, however, is because it reminds me of my family. My dad played softball every year, and my mom played a few years, too. I lived for the two days a week we could go watch my dad play, have Taco Time for dinner, and maybe get to hang out with his team afterwards at Rathaus Pizza. We didn't take family vacations... we went to softball tournaments. But we went to Coeur D'Alene, Ellensburg, McCall... places that seem exotic when you're young. But we usually camped and had other small adventures between games that made the trip more of a "vacation." I also love the smell of fresh cut grass, leather conditioner and how soft a new batting glove is. It's my heart. And it's where I met my husband. Making it where I found the rest of my heart.

5. I hate Cheez-its, apricots and liver. Those are pretty much the three foods I refuse to eat. Unless you turn those apricots into jam, then they morph into something delicious.

No comments: