Monday, October 18, 2010

Good times... no, really, they're actually good!

It's been a pretty good couple weeks. About a week and a half ago, I pulled together a fundraiser to help a local group with their goal to raise $10,000 for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure. It was a Pink Pancake Feed and Purse Auction. And it went well. Much better than I had hoped for. People really came through with donating purses, that were like little clown-cars with great things inside, and then closed up tight, so that folks had to bid on the bag and hope there was something great inside. With the 12 or so silent auction and 8 live auction purses, we made around $1200 and another $300 or so on the food. It was quite a delightful surprise and I had some really good help, although I put in a 10 hour day for myself. And my super hot auctioneer did a great job, as usual.
The next day I relaxed and continued crafting away, in preparation for the craft fair. I made my "big piece" which included a clay Cougar head. I snapped a picture of it with my phone, and when I was showing my husband on Sunday at the local bowling alley, our friend asked how much I wanted for it. I sheepishly told him, still being concerned that I might not sell my wares, and he said "I'll give you that right now for it". WHAAA? I asked him if he didn't want to see it in person first, and he said no, that his wife would love it for Christmas. I was even more excited, because it's all crimson and grey (obviously playing to my crowd) and she works in the Athletic Dept. So, my hope is that others are intrigued and would like to have one, also. I was flying high... I sold my first piece less than 24 hours after I made it AND before the craft fair! Woo hoo!
This last Saturday was the craft fair, and even though I was very happy about the money I already had in my pocket, was still a little nervous. But I did well. Really well. Like I-didn't-come-home-with-much well. And my mom, whom I shared a table with, did really well, too! And I got to hang out with my mom all day! Win-Win! I have money to put back into more crafts, and some in the bank, and money to play with during Homecoming this weekend! I wasn't even grumpy after shopping yesterday and coming home with nothing. And now, I'm pretty stress free until the holidays show up. This is a pretty nice feeling. I hope it sticks around.

No comments: